Order your Director’s Edition of the L.O.V.E. Is The Answer book now. Only 5,000 copies of the Director’s Edition will be printed and each will include a FREE BONUS download of the award-winning film, “WALKING WHILE BLACK: L.O.V.E. Is The Answer,” a $30 value!*
*You’ll receive the bonus FREE download of the film via email within one week of your order and you’ll receive the paperback version of the book signed by the author and numbered.
*Order extras for presents for your favorite peace officers, students, teachers, ministry leaders and social justice advocates.
* $30.00 offer good only in the Continental United States.
“L.O.V.E. Is The Answer: How You Can Put Principles Of Love Into Action To Build A Stronger Police-Community Marriage” is the perfect companion book to our award-winning film, “WALKING WHILE BLACK: L.O.V.E. Is The Answer.” The book is perfect for casual reading by individuals, detailed studies by small groups or discussions by book clubs. Colleges, high schools, middle schools, law enforcement agencies, police academies, ministries, civil rights groups and other organizations will want to use this book as their guide to improving police-community relations. Companies will want to use L.O.V.E. Is The Answer to improve the way their security, sales and other personnel interact with people they encounter. Community associations should give a copy of this book to every household.
* Each L.O.V.E. Is The Answer, Director’s Edition book is signed by the author and numbered. There will only be 5,000 Director’s Edition books made. Each one will become a collectible item! Buy one to read over and over again and one to store away to keep in pristine condition!
* COMMUNITY BONUS! We will donate 1 annual screening license of the film “WALKING WHILE BLACK: L.O.V.E. Is The Answer” to a high school or middle school for every 20 Director’s Edition books sold as part of our campaign to get our film used by 500 schools nationwide by the end of 2022 (Each school license is a $495 value). You will help inspire reconciliation nationwide with your purchase of the book.
The Heart of L.O.V.E Is the Answer Book
I pledge to LEARN about the people in my community, to unconditionally OPEN my heart to their needs as if they were all immediate family members, to VOLUNTEER to be part of the solution in their life during both good and challenging times, and to EMPOWER everyone I meet to do the same as if our lives depended on each other.
MORE EXCITING BOOK STUFF
In addition to author A.J. Ali sharing his “25 Things I’ve Learned During My First 25 Years Of Marriage That Can Be Used To Improve The Police-Community Relationship,” more than two dozen reconciliation experts and social justice visionaries share their real-life experiences, lessons learned, best practices and refreshing ways to foster reconciliation in communities. This book is the perfect study-guide to accompany the film “WALKING WHILE BLACK: L.O.V.E. Is The Answer.” Together, the book and the film will equip America to learn how to utilize the power of transformational love to break down walls and build bridges of reconciliation.
” Extraordinary. Important. Outstanding film.
– Congressman Elijah Cummings at a screening he hosted in 2017
“Such a powerful film. Every police department, every school, every church should see it.”
– Ken Harvey, Former NFL Linebacker, Washington Redskins
“Amazing job documenting such an emotional issue.”
– Melissa Hyatt, Baltimore County Police Chief
“Unbelievably impressive. I wish every office in the county could see it.”
Dave Thomas, Program Manager, International Association of Chiefs of Police
“You powerfully challenge people to become builders with the goal of improving relations between the proud blue and the communities they serve. “
– Rev. Darryl Roberts, Senior Pastor, 19th St. Baptist Church in Washington D.C.
Excerpts from the Book
“Put simply, there is not a corner of this globe that would not benefit from generous application of the L.O.V.E. principals.”
– Doug Woodhams, Santa Monica Police Department FBI Terrorism Task Force Member and Colonel in the United States Marine Corps Reserves
“You see, this isn’t about some petty stop. It isn’t about racist and biased policies like ‘stop-and-frisk’. It’s about the staggering toll of policies of stopping law-abiding citizens of all ages, for ridiculous violations, like Walking While Black, Driving While Black, and Breathing While Black.”
– Sadiq Ali, Executive Director, Maryland MENTOR
“We as police officers can choose to be compassionate and love our fellow human beings, and we can make tomorrow better for all people. As a result of one serendipitous encounter, a cop who didn’t want to be a cop, would not become someone who relentlessly pursues arriving a solution to this massive problem. Make no mistake, This is a problem that can be solved.
– Lt Tim McMillan, Retired Peace Officer